Famed Hatten Field, the first athletic field in Webb City, Missouri, was in use from 1936 to 1967. It was cleared in 1968 to make way for the new Webb City High School. WCHS has expanded many times since then. The purpose of the accompanying image is to show exactly where Hatten Field used to be in relation to the current campus. Features of the field included a rock wall with two iron-gate entrances from North Madison Street, a concrete stadium, wooden visitors seating, the football field, of course, and cinder track. Fans were allowed to circle the football field, within the fence, to watch the game.
1 Comment on Where was Hatten Field exactly?
Comments are closed.